When you forget to FEEL

Remember I mentioned about a competition which was going to be held in our school?
So.......I kinda flopped it.

What actually happened was, I was nervous wreck as I had never participated in an actual dance competition before and plus I had to dance as soon as I reached the place.

I took a deep breath and started dancing.I danced for like 2 minutes and then I forgot what to do next so without thinking even once I thanked the judges and ran out of the room not able to control my embarrassment.

And I did that thing that no 8th grader would do that too in front of people. I burst out crying.
I came home as soon as my audition got over.

I put the song to which for the first time I had Danced alone in front of  so many people. It was the song to which I had choreographed a dance for the first time.I closed my eyes and went back to 4th grade. I saw that 9 year old girl dancing without forgetting a single thing,dancing with her.....heart.

I tried to figure out how i had managed to do that in 4th grade.I was 9 back then and now I am 13.

Then I realized what i actually forgot was not the next step, What I actually forgot was to FEEL THE DANCE. Dance is ageless,9 years or 13 years,more than practice , Dance needs the Feeling.

Not only dance,whatever it may be,singing,playing sports or anything,all you need to do is enjoy what you are doing.

Just like how Practice makes man Perfect,Feeling makes you more Fabulous.

Feeling cannot be taught,it comes from within when you like something.

I know I already lost the opportunity ,but my first competition isn't my last competition, is it?


Have any of you faced anything similar or have you got just anything to say?COMMENT. Or contact me. MY gmail: appybvail1@gmail.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dance Dreams